Is Your Gut Talking to You?
The health of your gut may be contributing to the symptoms you’re experiencing on a regular basis. More and more, gut health is making headlines. And for good reason.
Our gut microbiota is a workhorse for our body. Not only is it involved with our digestive function, research is showing how intertwined it is with the immune system, cognition, hormonal balance and gene expression. Some liken it to being a command center for human health.
What is the Gut Microbiota?
The gut microbiota is defined as an abundant, diverse community of microorganisms living within your gut walls. We have 39 trillion microorganisms in our colon. Within this colony, there are bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites and archaea. Most of the species are bacteria. These single-celled microorganisms work together to create a vibrant community of diverse microbes who all are able to ‘get along”.
What You Eat Matters
The food you eat matters. Your microbes eat what you eat. Not only do they help break down your food so you can absorb vital nutrients, they also create compounds that impact your health. Their metabolism of the food you eat will either produce health promoting compounds that reduce inflammation, bringing balance to your body OR compounds that inflame your body.
The question is, which bacteria are you feeding? The health of your gut is in your hands. Will you feed the good guys or the bad guys? Feed the good guys the right things and you maintain a happy camper colony life where a diverse microbial community lives in harmony. Feed the bad guys and the diversity starts to change and problems begin to brew.
When Problems Creep In
Too often these problems creep in and stick around long enough that we begin to normalize them. We accept joint aches and pains, fatigue, digestive issues (bloating, constipation, diarrhea), acne, eczema, psoriasis, poor sleep, brain fog, memory issues, etc. as part of our life. Friend, these symptoms are not normal. You should not settle.
I say that with complete empathy. No judgement here…I totally get it!! (been there, done that!).
If you’re experiencing these types of symptoms, your gut may be out of balance, leaving your body INFLAMED. These are signs it’s sending, trying to get your attention. Settling, pushing them aside or accepting them as part of life will not bode well long-term.
Left unchecked, you may find yourself on the path to chronic illness. However, by doing the work now, you have a chance to turn things around.
If you’re one of the approximately 133 million people who’ve been diagnosed with chronic illness, DO NOT lose hope. You can still work to bring balance to your gut, inflammation levels and body. It will take some investigative work, determination and time, but it’s possible. Some find they’re able to reverse their condition. Others find a balance where they have better control of their condition.
Bottom line: it’s imperative to listen to your body. Become curious about what’s causing the symptoms. Take action.
- Our gut microbiota is intertwined in major players in our body: digestive function, hormonal balance, immune system, gene expression and cognition
- There’s 39 trillion microorganisms that we’re supporting in our gut alone
- Our microbes eat what we eat
- Feed the good guys and begin to enjoy peace and harmony in your gut and body
- Feed the bad guys: diversity changes and problems brew
- Listen to your body. Become curious and take action
- Join my Anti-Inflammatory Lifestyle Support Facebook Group, click HERE to join. Here you’ll stay in the know and ahead of curve for your inflammation game
- Follow me on Instagram @dawnlaflinhealth
- Make an appointment for a free discovery call with me (your anti-inflammatory lifestyle coach) to chat about your safer beauty swaps. Click HERE to schedule